lørdag 4. desember 2010

Winter SOS from the fridge

My skin is so horrible to deal with this winter. It's hot most of the time, itchy, scaly and dry. And since I react to a lot of chemicals, I don't dare to go out and buy a "wonderproduct". My skin needed peeling and something to calm it, right there and then.

Peeling and sore skin is rarely a good combination, but it was two whole weeks since I peeled it last and I could see all the build up and new spots growing on the forehead, yuk. I used a milder sugar scrub then I usually do and it's wonderful (planing on buying an enzyme peel soon, which is great for sensitive skin since it peels without any beads).

Moisturizing peeling
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon honey (manuka is great)
Dilute with water until desired consistency (I added glycerine and jojoba oil aswell)

Put it on a clean face very carefully. After 30 seconds of smoothing it on, let it sit a minute or two and continue massaging gently. If it feels rough, take another 1-2 minute break and repeat. After you're done scrubbing, you can let it sit for another 5 minutes or so. The honey does wonders to aggravated and dry skin.

After the peeling I used plain youghurt. Organic is preferred. This have a great cooling effect and reduces environmentally red skin for a little while. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, and is therefor also a mild exfoliant. So some of you might experience a tingly sensation. If it hurts, rinse it straight off.

Cooling mask
1-2 teaspoon plain unflavored yoghurt
(you can add some honey for extra moisture)

Use a brush to avoid mess, and apply a nice and thick layer of yoghurt. Let it sit for about 15 minutes, and rinse with luke warm water. Apply a good coat of your favourite night cream or mask, and go to bed! :) I've used this mask 3 days in a row now.

Super cheap, mild for the skin unless you're allergic to some of the ingredients and no bad feelings for the environment. It's also suitable for all skin types, especially acne perhaps because of the antibacterial effect from the honey and yoghurt, plus the lactic acid from the yoghurt.

With that out of the way, I'm actually done with my Christmas shopping! Oh internet how I love the.. I absolutely hate full packed stores, children running wild while their parents are carrying 1786 shopping bags and a stressed face.
Are any of my readers done with their shopping, and how do you feel about shopping in regular stores in this time of the year?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar