onsdag 11. november 2009

Devil's food cake, my twist

Sooo decided to make Devil's food cake today. I used the recipe that's on http://detsoteliv.no/

For the cake:
200 gram butter
5 dl sugar
3 big eggs
300 gram dark chocolate (70% cacao)
4,5 dl milk
1,5 teasp vanillaessence
1,5 teasp bakingpowder
1,5 teasp natron, bakingsoda
7 dl flour

Oven degree: 350 Fahrenheit, 175 Celsius

1. Heat up 1dl milk in a small pan, and let the chocolate melt in it. Wisp now and then to get the clumps out. Let it cool off a little.
2. Wisp the butter and sugar into a buttercream. Separate the plums from the white, and put the plums in the buttermix one at the time. Wisp to a light texture.
3. Now add the chocolate and vanillaessence to your mix.
4. Mix together all the dry in a bowl/measuring cup.
5. Add the dry ingredients and the rest of the milk to the batter, in three half's at the time. You can use a blender if you want, but don't overmix it. It's supposed to be an even batter.
6. Wisp the egg-whites until they're stiff. Blend them carefully into the batter.

Separate the batter into three (if you're using the full recipe) cake pans. I used 22 cm pans on my 2/3 recipe. ( I only used 2/3 of this recipe, since its for a three layered cake and I only wanted to do two. ) Cook in the oven for about 30 min.

Let them cool off in the pans for a while, then gently take them out and cool more on a cooling rack. Flip them if necessary.

Frosting: (this might taste a little too much coffee for those who don't like that.)
200 g butter
500 g confectioners sugar
2 tblsp cacao (add more or less if you want a darker or lighter brown)
1 teasp vanillaessence
7 tblsp medium strong coffee

Mix well in a mixer. If you want a more creamy texture then what you achieve here, add milk a little by little.

I didn't trim my cake enough so it didn't turn out to be a success. Buuut, frosting fix it all eh;)
And here's my "spikeycake". Might add some coconut drizzle later.





It looks like poop. lol

2 kommentarer:

  1. I was just briefly looking at these pics, and thought; Wow, that looks like poo.

    Then I saw your little comment at the end, and I laughed.

    -DmnFdg

    SvarSlett
  2. Yeah, thank god it tasted better then it looked! :P

    SvarSlett