torsdag 14. oktober 2010

Patch 4.0.1

So the new patch, mana turned to focus, tree of life form is gone, mastery points.. I don't know where to begin. I can start out by saying I'm more positively surprised then expected. I had anxiety problems just thinking about the changes on both the hunter and druid.. I shouldn't have although WoW is starting to feel like a different game.

Hunter
Lets start with the hunter, considering this is a hunter blog and all. Volley is gone, and the only problem I've experienced thus far is the damn roaches in Stratholme. They're melees of course and they don't trigger traps. YIEK! Never going in there without an AoE pet again.
For AoE'ing in groups, this is what I do: Trap Launcher , Explosive Trap , Multi-Shot
And as survival, you can use talents on getting serpent sting spread with your multi-shot. Cool right? Now, multi-shot does require 40 focus (bleh). So you will only get two out there in a row. I've got SS glyphed so I regen 2 more focus on dazed targets which helps a little. Concussive Shot is free :)

Over to Mastery Points, I'm now up to 10% (you'll find the reforge (nightelf ò.Ó) in the hut where you find the Enchanting trainer. It's probably trackable. Speaing of tracking, you can now track as much as you want at once. Anyway, increasing my mastery points from 8 to 10% actually made a lot of difference in my dps. I had a lot of hit to take from.
" Increases all elemental damage you deal by 8%. Each point of Mastery increases elemental damage by an additional 1%." for survival hunters.

Resto Druid, healing was a piece of pie compared to what I thought it would be. As you probably know they're replacing the old tree form and here's the new design for Cata:

Borrowed from MMO-Champion

Pretty? NO!! Luckily they're adding a minor glyph so you can be a treant instead of this huge.. Taunka tree mushroom.
Anyway, the now castable tree form is actually alright. I thought I would really miss being a tree 24/7 but I'll survive this. Instant regrowths and all that is worth it.

Mages are overpowered and will be nerfed. But I love it now! I don't have much more to say on that subject as I'm only lvl 69.

Warlocks have some new abilities and it seems awesome, and no more hassle with soul shards. I need more time to try it out.

Paladin? Ugh. Seems cool with the new bonus system but I haven't tried it yet.

That's all I have to say today about my experience with Cataclysm preparations. I'll spend the coming week exploring a bit more (hunter pets etc), and maybe find me a bunker to hide in from the earthquakes. lol

I have to add one thing. For those that didn't get a 310% mount before this patch, have to pay 5000g if they want it. Which is insane.. 3000g or something would do, imo. Oh well, I have a 310% mount, so I got it for free. Yay!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar